Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Small Metal Boats For Sale Can Someone Help Me Understand This Poem?

Can someone help me understand this poem? - small metal boats for sale

Amanda's Painting

'm In painting, I sat on a plate
his return in a river of shadows.
It is a small ship with a metal lined eggshells
and my hands grip the side of the wheel. I
A bow, with a focus on the entire boat,
Disc with the eye. Without a rudder, without motor
without candles. I drive a small boat with the language.
The ring was almost lost his shirt in bulk
Five lines, each line of a musical
Shirt and a red apple, dip in the birth of Salt Lamps
liquid than the river itself. "My hat is a blue-green mask
Now go back, I can claim to be touched.
In the middle of the river are trees cassowary Web
South Pacific and the place of the other side
dark mountains of the temperate zone. For the latter, in this
Growth time of the painting is tipped my background
But my eyes are on them. To relax, to talk about Europe.

Les Murray

0 comments:

Post a Comment